GlobalProtect DNS issues in Windows after disconnect

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect DNS issues in Windows after disconnect

L4 Transporter

I am using GlobalProtect 5.09 with PanOS 9.0.7.

While using dual monitors with a split-tunnel VPN, I find that when VPN disconnects dns resolution is still trying to use internal dns servers.  I am forced to reboot my desktop at home multiple times per day when using remote desktop with two monitors, or to use rdp on a single monitor.

The dual monitor remote session freezes multiple times per day, often requiring me to signout of windows.  After the signout, I no longer have DNS resolution and have to reboot.  Same thing happens with VPN disconnects.

Any workarounds?  Should I use external DNS as a secondary in the GlobalProtect gateway settings?  I also had the same problem with the prior version of GlobalProtect client and PanOS.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Found a solution.   When I added satellite tunnel and allowing authentication from local auth or certificate, the issue went away.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi,

I don't quite follow your question. Can you please elaborate?

GlobalProcect agent disconnects.

Nslookup still points at internal network DNS resolvers specified by the gateway, not the OS dns resolvers such as 8.8.8.8 for google dns.

Found a solution.   When I added satellite tunnel and allowing authentication from local auth or certificate, the issue went away.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!