GlobalProtect Event log

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect Event log

L1 Bithead

Hi, I am trying to trigger a GPO event in Windows Task Scheduler on the event when someone connects to global protect.

Does anyone know where I would find that?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

I’m still not sure what you need to do but have you tried the GlobalProtect post vpn script option...

imore info here...

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/8-0/globalprotect-admin/globalprotect-clients/deploy...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

L3 Networker

I am not sure how Global Protect has anything to do with GPO.  Can you please elaborate about what you are hoping to achieve?

Hi, I am trying to use Windows Task Scheduler to push off an event when the computer has a successful conection to global protect. 

I cannot find the event log of when global connect makes the connection.

I’m still not sure what you need to do but have you tried the GlobalProtect post vpn script option...

imore info here...

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/8-0/globalprotect-admin/globalprotect-clients/deploy...

@acura771 wrote:

Hi, I am trying to use Windows Task Scheduler to push off an event when the computer has a successful conection to global protect. 

I cannot find the event log of when global connect makes the connection.

Why can't you just take the "connection successful" log from the system logs from the firewall when a GP client connects?

This looks like it's going down the right direction. 

I have a network drive that needs to be mapped to each user once they connect to the VPN. The script is on the Domain contoller, which is why they need to be connected first. 

Is there any way to push this registry edit to every machine?

@Brandon_Wertz 

Where is that Log, Source, and Event ID generated? This needs to be a trigger inside the task scheduler.

If all your devices are domain members then yes this can be done via group policy, i prefer to use gpo to copy script to local device and then run script locally...

@Mick_Ball 

Thank you, I believe this is what we need, but I am not wrapping my head around accomplishing this. Can you provide more detailed instructions?

@acura771 wrote:

@Brandon_Wertz 

Where is that Log, Source, and Event ID generated? This needs to be a trigger inside the task scheduler.

I referenced a log from the firewall system logs.  Not a log which is generated from the client PC.

@acura771 ... if you choose not to wrap your head around accomplishing this, then you will not be able to support it,. therefore i would not actually be helping you...

google is your friend...

1.how do i copy files via group policy.

2.how do i change registry settings via group policy.

Laters...

• 1 accepted solution
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!