GlobalProtect Pre-Logon with Windows 8.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect Pre-Logon with Windows 8.1

L3 Networker

I have been testing out a new GP portal/gateway on my firewalls for Pre-Logon/Always On as I would like to eventually like to move all remote workstations to this model.  With that said, I notice when I enabled the pre-logon and SSO a new icon shows up on the logon screen which is confusing my users.  Some click on it when logging in and others do not.  I tested and things seem to work the same if I click on it or not.  Can any one shed some light on the pre-logon process with Windows 8.1 and if users should or should not be using the GP icon at the login screen?

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Hi nthen

Actually if you want wo use single sign on the users have to click the GP icon on the login screen. Without doing that the GP client does not get the usercredentials and cannot pass them directly to the firewall for the vpn login. If the users do not click the icon a GP login window should pop up where users have to fill in username and password.

In windows 7 Global Protect was doing the same in default configuration, it created his own login credential provider. But there it was possible wrap an existing credential provider so only the user appeared only once on the login screen. But with windows 8(.1) (correct me if I am wrong, because I am also searching a possiblity to do that), this isn't possible anymore because Microsoft totally changed the login process with the credential providers.

Regards,

Remo

Hi All,

but if you select the GP icon you can not change the password.

I'm just testing this. If I force a password change at next login, the change is not possible

because the screen to change the password only shows one password field.

But if you want to change the password the normal change screen shows three password field.

The old one and twice for the new password.

I have to mention we are using a german windows branding.

I don't know if the behavior is different with an english version.

I will open a case for this.

Regards,

Christian

Hi Christian (chrimie )

A little late but now I finally got what you meant with the password change behaviour. I was able to reproduce the issue (I tested with GPA 2.3.1)

You mentionned that you opened a case for this: Do you have any results from that?

Regards,

Remo

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!