GlobalProtect - Windows 10 - Client Won't display

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect - Windows 10 - Client Won't display

L1 Bithead

I have a fresh install of Windows 10.  When I right click on the GlobalProtect icon in the tray no menu ever shows up.  I see the GlobalProtect icon in the taskbar but any click on it will make icon dissappear.  Any ideas or workarounds?

I have re-installed the client at least 5 times now and restarted my PC several times.  Same behavior every time.

Gif of the issueGif of the issue

16 REPLIES 16

L3 Networker

Hello @bunk3rk1ng

What is the version of this GP client?

4.1.6-12
GPClient.PNG

V4x no longer displays a menu on right click, just left click the settings cog in top right hand corner of GP window 

sorry @bunk3rk1ng, just seen your video clip,

have you tried to click and drag icon to the taskbar and then open it.

Dragging the icon to the taskbar acts the same as launching PanGPS.exe - It looks like the app is trying to launch then the windows troubleshooter comes up.  The troubleshooter solution is to launch in Windows 8 compatability mode but that doesn't change any of the behavior I'm seeing.

@bunk3rk1ng,

I would attempt to fully uninstall and reinstall the application; it's possible that something didn't get installed correctly with the initial install. 

I have fully uninstalled and reinstalled more than 5 times now.  I also redownloaded the installer just in case it got messed up during transport.

Still the same issue.

The same behaviour whilst booted into Safe mode? I'm thinking it is some issue with a driver if reinstalling 5 times has not fixed

Does restarting the "PanGPS" service have any impact?

Good ideas - I will try them when I get home.  Although I am starting to think it might be GPC-3860 from the known issues page

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/31/globalprotect/globalprotect-agent-rns/globalprotec...

L0 Member

I have this problem too

@bunk3rk1ng

Are you able to open Global Protect when you click on the icon in the start menu instead of thr one in the system tray?

@Remo wrote:

@bunk3rk1ng

Are you able to open Global Protect when you click on the icon in the start menu instead of thr one in the system tray?

@Remo Nope

have you checked to see if there are any pointers in the workstation logs, event viewer etc...

Update:  I tried the workaround for GPC-3860.  No change in behavior

@LukeBullimore  Restarting PanGPS service had no affect either.  I have not tried your safe mode idea yet since that's not really a long term solution.  I might try it later if I get desperate enough lol - getting close.

@Mick_Ball wrote:

have you checked to see if there are any pointers in the workstation logs, event viewer etc...

I will check this next.

• 16 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!