Got error while booting : NEW DISK CONFIGURATION REQUIRED

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Got error while booting : NEW DISK CONFIGURATION REQUIRED

L1 Bithead

I had try to factory reset, but it keep showing warning : NEW DISK CONFIGURATION REQUIRED, then rebooting.

------------ NEW DISK CONFIGURATION REQUIRED ------------

Please wait while the new disk(s) are setup.

The system will reboot automatically when completed.

Jan 23 15:13:17 Error: sysd_sync_connect(sysd_sync.c:210): connect()::(errno: 11 1) Connection refused

Jan 23 15:13:17 Error: main(pan_elog_app.c:163): sysd construct failed

INIT: Sending processes the TERM signal

i  tried to enter to maint mode but the same error and i removed the hard disk and tried it in another PA 5050 and it worked fine so the problem is not in the hard disk?

9 REPLIES 9

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@mohmaed_safwat,

Don't swap around disks like that; bad idea. 

Your firewall is simply stating that a new disk configuration was noted, so it either thinks you took or added disks. The system is failing to actually partition the disks as required, which could either be a software or hardware issue with your box. 

Contact TAC and have them look at it. It's possible that it could simply be a software issue that needs to be addressed or the backplane is having an issue. 

thanks for your reply

first, this issue was happened when i tryed to upgrade the panos and it rebooted then it keep rebooting with this error of disk and i didn't rmoved the disk then i tried factory reset but the same error too and after that i wasn't be able to enter maintenance mode anymore

second, i took the hard disk to another firewall and it is working well so how the problem is with software and how the problem with backplane?

thanks,

any help?

the problem i don't have valid support. so how to fix that issue

@mohmaed_safwat wrote:

the problem i don't have valid support. so how to fix that issue

Pay for support

anyway thanks for your reply

no one get this error before?

@mohmaed_safwat,

You really need support.

Here's the playbook for this type of issue. 

1) RMA the drive. If you've tested this in another firewall and the harddrive works fine, this obviously isn't your answer. 

2) RMA the device. They ship off the whole firewall and replace it with a new one because there are simply too many variables in play on an issue like this. 

You won't really get any additional help here unless your willing to pay for support so you can RMA the hardware. There is nothing that we can tell you to check, because again there are too many possibilities of what could possibly be wrong with it. 

Hello Brry,

thank you so much replying me, i agree with you that we need to pay for support but what i see is that hard drive is working fine and the firewall hardware is working fine too, the problem is in the software so why i need to RMA the whole firewall ?

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!