GP Not Transitioning to Internal Network Correctly

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GP Not Transitioning to Internal Network Correctly

L1 Bithead

Hello! I have a GP environment with one all in one NFGW (Portal/Ext GW/Int GW). It works great. Recently I added a second site with a similar setup for redundancy. The same DNS name points to both portals, the portals are setup to suggest both GWs equally, each has an internal GW; totally equal GP setups. The issue I now face is when a mobile client is connected to one site's external GW and joins the other site's local network, it doesn't transition to an internal GW. I watch the app and it will reconnect to the remote site's external GW. If I refresh the connection in the GP app, it connects to the internal GW as expected. If the client joins the same local network as the external GW it is connected to, it transitions correctly. Any ideas what is going on?

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

The part where both portals pointing to the same DNS name seems to be weird and I would think would cause problems, especially with certificates.

I would have the 1 portal point to both gateways, or have 2 unique portals pointing to both gateways.  There is probably an issue with 2 unique gateways on 2 unique firewall environments with different IPs. 

I don't think it is an issue with having two portals. Both portals are set in the same template so they have identical configuration. DNS returns the IPs of both portals under the same hostname so they use the same certificate. I've tested this issue while initially connecting to each portal and the issue happens either way.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!