GP Split Tunnel with Microsoft O365/Microsoft Teams & GP License

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GP Split Tunnel with Microsoft O365/Microsoft Teams & GP License

L1 Bithead

Hello All,

It appears that the large list of IPs and domains to completely enable split-tunneling with GP for O365 & Microsoft Teams requires the GP license to facilitate defining domain names in addition to IP networks (which I understand works without a license).  Are you able to split tunnel O365 and/or Microsoft teams without a license?

I started with just trying to specify the teams executable on the client but that appears to require the license as well.  Before I try to go much further, is there a complete document that spells out what exactly is required to split-tunnel Microsoft solutions  (say we just want to do O365, or Teams, or outlook) in terms of both licensing and defining the split-tunnel configuration?  The list of IPs and domains seems a bit cumbersome to have to manually add so hoping this is not as bad as it appears.

I'm looking for some helpful guidance from those who have traveled down this path already to see what works and does not.

Thank you!

John

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@jhwarren,

Look at this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/office-365-vpn-implement-split-tunnel

With the following IP/URL list: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/urls-and-ip-address-ranges

You'll want to utilize something like MineMeld and a script to actually handle fetching all of the ranges that Microsoft publishes and parsing the ranges that you actually need for the services you are looking to exclude. This is something that Microsoft actually does a really good job keeping up-to-date on.

You absolutely don't need to have a license to get this to function, but that's the easiest way to get this to work without a little bit of work on your end. If this is simply to support COVD-19, you can actually activate a 90-day free trial of the GP subscription through the support portal that may be enough to get you through your use case. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!