HA Active/Active with Floating IP issue (PAN4.0.2)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

HA Active/Active with Floating IP issue (PAN4.0.2)

Not applicable

The configuration is HA Active/Active with the following:
- “Session Owner Selection” set to primary-device;
- Floating IP configured on several L3 interfaces, and on each interface the Active-Primary node has lower Floating IP priority (is the preferred node);
- The Link Monitoring is disabled, however on each Floating IP group ‘Failover on link down’ is enabled;
- The HA1, HA2 and HA3 interfaces are correctly connected and operational, and the cluster is fully synchronized with no alarms or warnings.

The test setup is as following:
- my device is connected to one of the segments and during a test I am pinging several other segments reachable through PA Active/Active cluster, as well as the Floating IP address on the segment I am connected to;
- the test consist of disconnecting the cable that connects the PA Active-Primary device and the network switch, to which my device is connected.

Test results:
- after disconnecting the cable I lose 2-3 pings to Floating IP address on the segment my device is connected to;
- the other segments, which are reachable through PA cluster, are do not respond at all (even after over a minute of waiting).

The only dubious thing is that on HA3 interface I can only see transmit TX counters increase and RX counters stay at zero (on both the first and second node of PA cluster).
Has anyone experienced similar issue when using Floating IP or ARP Load Sharing?

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

There is currently an issue which is being addressed regarding pings through A/A configuration. Althrough it is not specificly matching what you are experiencing. Can you call into support to debug this issue and get further information which can be helpful to find the root cause of why the other segments were not reachable.

Thanks,

Dominic

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!