HA dedicated to Fiber

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

HA dedicated to Fiber

L2 Linker

I'd like to move my HA connection from the dedicated ports to fiber ports, however I don't have the option do change the port. Am I able to do this? Do I have to disable the HA first? Lastly, will I be able to keep the remaining settings?

If I am able to do this, is it advisable? I recall from training that running the HA over a network wasn't a suggested practice.

ha1.pngha2.png

Thanks as always...

//moe

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hi Moe,

You can do that by assigning you fiber interface as Type HA. If you want to use interface 1/18 as HA, then click on interface under Network -> Interface and change the type to HA and come back to same snapshot as above. New interface would show up. Hope this helps. Thank you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

L5 Sessionator

Hi Moe,

You can do that by assigning you fiber interface as Type HA. If you want to use interface 1/18 as HA, then click on interface under Network -> Interface and change the type to HA and come back to same snapshot as above. New interface would show up. Hope this helps. Thank you.

L5 Sessionator

I will recommend to pass HA heartbeats over the network.

But the reason you are not getting the option is there are no interface defined as type HA:

HA.JPG

After defining an interface as HA you should be able to get the option there.

Let us know how it goes !

L4 Transporter

VSU_ITSEC,,

It is recommended to use the dedicated HA ports. But if you are planning on using  a dataplane fiber port, then you will have to make the dataplane port as type HA:

test.PNG

Once you have configured it as type HA, you can reference this port under HA settings.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

L6 Presenter

HI VSU,

Port displays only "HA" Interfaces. Fiber ports are not yet HA ports.

Hence, Let say if Ethernet 1/1 is Fiber port than perform bellow action.

test.PNG

After this you should be able to see ethernet 1/1 in port dropdown.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

L2 Linker

Thanks. I found that quickly.  So I can use the fiber for both HA 1 & 2, correct?

Yes, that is correct.

Hi VSU,

Fiber or Ethernet, its just a media type. Finally they follow TCP/IP stack. Hence you are good to go.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

• 1 accepted solution
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!