HA First time Configuration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

HA First time Configuration

L3 Networker

Im installing a single Palo at present with the intent of adding a standby unit in the near future. My question is regarding the interface addresses on the standby unit.

What do i need to configure on the standby unit in regards to IP addressing apart from MGMT and HA interfaces? I cant see an option for standby IP addresses (like Cisco), so the question is do i need to configure addresses on the INSIDE/OUTSIDE interfaces on a standby unit, or will it just take the ACTIVE IP Addresses when needed?

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

You won't need to configure anything else on the standby device.  Once it joins as an HA pair they are treated as a single device and the shared configuration elements are all inherited from the primary device.  And you manage and do all the future configuration from the primary device once joined.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

There are a few minor config elements that don't copy across but no need to wory about them too much.

the conifg should be set to auto-sync.

Rob

@welly_59,

As @RobinClayton pointed out there are a few things that don't actually copy over in the HA sync process. That list can be found HERE

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!