HA sync times

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

HA sync times

L4 Transporter

Recently I have noticed that it is taking longer to commit and sync the changes from my active PA to my passive PA and the management plane ramps up to 38%. any suggestions

7 REPLIES 7

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@jdprovine,

I mean 38% isn't really much of anything when you're talking about the management plane, certaintly nothing that I would worry about. Sync times can change due to a number of configuration changes; not sure what you count as taking longer, I mean are we talking about it taking 30 seconds before and now it went to a minute thirty or are we talking about something like it used to take 30 seconds and now it takes five minutes? 

@BPry

I need to time it to see what it is now but the commit is doubled with very few changes, followed by a lengthy sync

Hello,

When you look at the 'Tasks', are there any others that might be causing this? Perhaps a dynamic update that is superceeding it?

Just some thoughts.

@OtakarKlier @BPry

We do have some EBL's that update at the top of the hour, but this issues is all the time

I got some times 

45 seconds to commit 

2 minutes to sync to the secondary PA

@jdprovine,

You're running the 5000 series platform right? I wouldn't really consider 45 seconds that long of a commit time depending on the size of the configuration and how many errors are thrown during the validation process. As for the sync to the passive member are you waiting for the dashboard to update or are you actively monitoring the output of 'show high-availability state-synchronization' directly on the box? 

@BPry

Yes a PA 5050. I guess 45 seconds doesn't seem long but when it suddenly increases from what it use to be I wonder if something is misconfigured.  Yes I am monitoring and refreshing the dashboard for that, so I should go to the CLI and run show high-availability state-synchronization

@jdprovine,

The CLI output would be the most correct, however as long as you are hitting refresh on the dashboard it should update in near real time. Commit times are weird in the case that relatively minor XML changes can make the Validate process take a bit longer; if your system processes all look normal and nothing is getting 'stuck' I wouldn't be too worried about it. You could contact TAC and see if they can help identify the change that actually caused the time increase on their lab equipment with a past known-good configuration. 

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!