HA1 Backup Down - PA220 9.0.4

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

HA1 Backup Down - PA220 9.0.4

L1 Bithead

Hi All,

I have followed the PA design for creating an HA Active/Passive pair of PA220s.

I see however that HA1 Backup is showing red/down.

Attached are the relevant sections and a High Level Topology of the HA setup.

Any advice?

If I reboot the active PA the Passive one does take over so not sure what issues this HA1 is causing if any.

Also, the management ports are plugged into same vlan and same subnet, both accessible.

Thanks

HA Screen 2.JPGHA Screen 1.JPGHA Screen.JPGPA Topology.JPG

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

What is the mgmt interface IP address on both units.

The HA1 backup IP address should be the other HA member mgmt interface address.   (Not as what you shown as 192.168.1.2)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

L4 Transporter

Hello @rgrant2020 

Do you have by chance configured a filter on Device --> Setup --> Interfaces --> Management --> Permitted IP Addresses?

If you, you need to add the IPs of your management interfaces as well.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.No filter at the moment so any ip should be allowed.

What is the mgmt interface IP address on both units.

The HA1 backup IP address should be the other HA member mgmt interface address.   (Not as what you shown as 192.168.1.2)

You are correct 🙂 The guide was confusing. I have amended each to point to the others Management IP and the link is now Green / Up.

Thanks a lot for that Nextgen, appreciated.

Although on the GUI is now showing down again. I wonder if it is a bug. From the CLI, the HA1 Peer Backup shows up on both devices.

Did you refresh the WebUI?

Should have updated folks. It came back green and has stayed up since 🙂

• 1 accepted solution
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!