Help setting up PA200 with a 4g modem running in bridge mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Help setting up PA200 with a 4g modem running in bridge mode

L0 Member

Hi 

Have tested few different modems and i cannot seem to get then to work propely.

heres my setup and i hope someone can point me to the right direction

1.Dovado router with a usb 4g usb dongle ( running in bridge mode, providing a external ip when usin a computer )

2.PA200 setted up as a firewall acting as a dchp server. (works perfectly when plugged in my fiber router) ISP provides IP with dhcp

3. PA200 has been setted up to receive IP from dhcp on eth 1/1

4.dovado forwared external ip to pa200. 

5.PA200 configured as 192.168.1.1 GW and management address 192.168.1.2.

the PA200 forwards my with the internal dhcp fs. IP/gw/netmask and dns correctly , but i just catn get to the web trough it.

i pretty mutch followed this article to get it to work https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Configuration-Articles/Setting-Up-the-PA-200-for-Home-and-Small...

now the only part is that i would like to use my 4g router in the future to get my internet at my new place.

Thank 

Paul

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

LittonPaul,

This setup shouldn't be an issue as long as it's configured properly. The first thing I would look at is your DHCP configuation and verify that it's setup properly. Then I would make sure that you are actually being handed the public IP from the router that you are using, it could be that your actually getting it's internal IP range and you using the 192.168.1.1 range is causing a conflict with what your router is handing you. 

I also don't see where the guide has you putting in an access policy to allow traffic. Check your policies and see if you have anything other then the defaults; if not then you need to create a policy that allows traffic from your trust zone to your untrust zone, by default without any added policies this traffic would be denied. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

LittonPaul,

This setup shouldn't be an issue as long as it's configured properly. The first thing I would look at is your DHCP configuation and verify that it's setup properly. Then I would make sure that you are actually being handed the public IP from the router that you are using, it could be that your actually getting it's internal IP range and you using the 192.168.1.1 range is causing a conflict with what your router is handing you. 

I also don't see where the guide has you putting in an access policy to allow traffic. Check your policies and see if you have anything other then the defaults; if not then you need to create a policy that allows traffic from your trust zone to your untrust zone, by default without any added policies this traffic would be denied. 

Now its working, just needed a pa200 reboot, to get something propely working.

and took about 10 min before traffic started to flow

1. external ip confirmed , pa200 got it

2. fqdn as outer address for rules

3. fw/access rules working propely

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!