How can I block web access for one mac address on my network?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How can I block web access for one mac address on my network?

L0 Member

Hi all,

I have a PA-3050 that I've been asked to configure so that it blocks web access for one of the machines on our network, but I can't seem to find the right place to add the mac address of this machine, and searching has failed me so far.  I'd appreciate any help anyone could offer.

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

FW can't block by MAC address.

If your FW is DHCP server for this segment you can make a reservation for a certain IP nad block it by IP.

As already stated you can't actually block directly by mac-address. You would need to allocate a static IP address for that machine and then block it like that. Alternatives would be:

1) Block it from getting an IP address at all on your DHCP server

2) If userid is setup then just create a rule that denies that user access to anything. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!