how to block access to firewall

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

how to block access to firewall

Not applicable

Hi .

How to block access to firewall ?

i have PA on public IP adress, but i want allow access only for 1-3 ip address.

i need to add this addres in DEVICE--> MANAGEMENT -->MANAGEMENT INTERFACE SETTINGS in Permitted IP Adrress

or

create a policy ??

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi

Management interface is to connect your workstation to PAN device directly.

If you are thinking about management from Untrust (internet) zone I recomendate to use GlobalProtect for it. It is my reliable and powerfull for configure. GP is free for every one who has support for their device.

I hope that this will help You

With regards

SLawek

I found easiest way to achieve that.

2013-11-29_170932.png

Create on you device profile ping_https and in Permited IP addresses put what You want and attach this profile to you interface like on:

2013-11-29_171205.png

Regards

Slawek

HI,

As Slawek suggested you can just allow certain IP address in the permitted list for the management interface. But keep in mind this will only allow the access through those IP address.

Similarly you can do the same for the dataplane port as well.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Numan

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!