How to block skype ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to block skype ?

L1 Bithead

I have tried 

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClKTCA0

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClQWCA0

but still send/receive message via skype

I don't  implement ssl decryption

PA-850

Software Version:9.1.3-h1

Applocation:8300-6225(07/31/20)

Tks

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Hectoru5678,

Traffic logs will give you more clarity on how it is getting allowed.

Mayur

M

Hi ,

Traffic logs show me that it denied by security policy.

Application=skype ,  I see every log  action is drop

@Hectoru5678,

There are many other applications which are used by skype. Are you seeing traffic hitting only skype application? Please check if any other policy is matching traffic for other applications of skype & logging is not enabled for that policy and so you are not able to see other logs.

Also you can even try by signing out from the Skype.

Mayur

M

Already tried signin & signout many times , skype still works fine not blocked by policy.

Last  2 year , I have tested PA 3200 series and Software version is 8.x , it worked perfectly, I don't known why it doesn't work when Software version is 9.x

When I tested, only skype and ssl application worked .  Skype drop  and SSL Allow

I want my user can't use skype but still work with "web-brwosing" or "ssl"

I think it's a normal using.  

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!