How to check VPN counters for a specifc dest IP?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to check VPN counters for a specifc dest IP?

L4 Transporter

how to check IPSEC VPN counters in CLI for a specific destination IP address?

Peer is claiming the traffic is leaving their firewall but I don't see it on my pcaps and logs. How do I verify the traffic is actually passing through the VPN and hitting the tunnel? I have hundreds on server in the proxy-id as I have a /12 as the destination.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SThatipelly,

You aren't going to be able to see counters for a specific destination address. How is the traffic actually supposed to traverse the firewall though? From the way you are describing things, it sounds like the traffic is sourcing from your network and traversing the tunnel to the other end correct? 

@BPry No, its the other way around. Them coming to my LAN.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

So I usually start simple. Go to the traffic logs and filter by the source IP of a device on the other side of the VPN. You can narrow it down even further by filtering by a destination IP as well. Then have the far server ping something that you know has to go over the VPN tunnel.

Regards,

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!