How to create custom response pages

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to create custom response pages

L3 Networker

Hello,

I know that the Device -> Response pages menu allows to modify response page, but how can I add my own response page ?

What I would like to do is displaying an advertisement page when traffic is blocked during working hours (using schedules).

Is there a way to configure such feature ?

Kind Regards,

Laurent

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Hello Laurent,

Well, By clicking on the response page under Device -> Response pages menu will give you the option to import a response page ( custom page of your desire).

That should help you get the custom page imported but there is no way to schedule the custom response page to show up only at specific times.

It is not something that can be scheduled. The custom response page setting is global to the device that cannot be scheduled.

Regards,

Aditya

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L3 Networker

Hello Laurent,

Well, By clicking on the response page under Device -> Response pages menu will give you the option to import a response page ( custom page of your desire).

That should help you get the custom page imported but there is no way to schedule the custom response page to show up only at specific times.

It is not something that can be scheduled. The custom response page setting is global to the device that cannot be scheduled.

Regards,

Aditya

L5 Sessionator

Hi Laurent,

You can create your own page and add import them to the response pages

The documents below explain the steps:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-2010

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-1931

I am assuming that you would like to block certain traffic or apps during working hours ( like facebook, or twitter ). You can create a custom page as mentioned in the documents above. Then import this page: click on device tab-->response pages-->application response page-->import.

You can then create a policy to block twitter or facebook and apply the schedule for it. When users browse these apps during the schedule, they will be presented with the block page that we created

Let me know if that helps

BR,

Karthik RP

L5 Sessionator

Hi Laurent,

As Aditya mentioned earlier, we cannot schedule a custom block page. It applies for the whole duration. So there are chances of us seeing the block page even after the schedule is over.

BR,

Karthik RP

Hi,

You can use 2 custom page and make a script to upload it(script) to the device by a schedule on windows

you can use API to upload pages

I never tried this but seems to be working.

L3 Networker

Hi all,

Thanks for your various answers.

Indeed, I would like to display a standard response page from trafic that is denied, and a particular response page for trafic that is denied because of working hours.

As I understand there is no simple way to achieve this functionality.

Maybe there is a potential solution by using XML API, also I will have a look at this. If you have more info about this it would be helpful.

Regards,

Laurent

Hi Laurent,

Actually, the solution isn't what I would call simple... but it is very doable...

I created a 'Response Page framework' rather than a standard Response Page (sterilzed version attached).  This page displays different pages based on what caused the 'Block'.

You could add the code around FaceBook to handle the time of day block... add this to the scheduling solution (mentioned in an earlier reply)

Thanks

Art

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!