How to effetively cut off communication at a scheduled time

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to effetively cut off communication at a scheduled time

L3 Networker

Hi,

We are running a PA500 box with software at ver 6.0.4. at a boarding school.

At a certain time during the night we need to switch off internet access completely (so the students get som sleep before next day).  When we do this using schedules in security policies I understand it only denies the creation of new sessions.  Ongoing sessions will continue to flow until they are closed by the client.  Am I correct ?

As you might understand I'm looking for a way to simply 'cut off' everything at a scheduled time.  If PA interfaces could be disabled / enabled using a schedule that would be nice, but they can't.  In I see the point that users can lock themselves out...

But how can I achieve what I need?  Can I issue an external CLI command to disable an interface and enable it shortly after (I assume that ongoing sessions will timeout rather soon if the interface is switched off for 15 minutes or so)...?

Thanks a lot for comments and suggestions to remedy this situation

best regards

Tor

15 REPLIES 15

Maybe someone will check and write here

You can talk to your SE for that also.

• 15 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 101 Subscriptions
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!