How to inspect email contents within outlook.office365.com?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to inspect email contents within outlook.office365.com?

L4 Transporter

I have decryption turned ON for outlook.office365.com url but firewall cannot really inspect the contents that are inside the email. Is it because Microsoft encrypts the email and Palo doesn't know how to decrypt it? has anyone tried decrypting outlook email traffic and successfully log the data files inside them?

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

Hi @SThatipelly 

What PAN-OS version do you have installed? It could be related to the protocol http/2 and because of that the firewall does not unterstand it and cannot see and block/log files.

Maybe it is the same with a case that I have opened some months ago where a firewall on PAN-OS 8.1 was not able to block files on a specific website. What the exact reason was I would have to check again, but at least this one isn't fixed in PAN-OS 9.1.

@Remo I'm running 9.0 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!