How to setup Captive Portal for Macs and Linux

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to setup Captive Portal for Macs and Linux

L0 Member

Hi,

I'm having trouble setting up Captive Portal for our Macs and Linux users.

We have a PA-500 running 3.1.5, with Active-Directory, which is working fine for user authentication.

I've tried setting up a Captive Portal for the remaining users (so we can turn off our MS ISA server), but have found several documents and guides, but not it seems for the the latest version of the software.

I've followed these parts the best I could, but the captive-portal does not seem to come up.

Is there a how-to or guide for this version anywhere ?

Regards

Lee Hancock

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Not applicable

Hi Lee,

I would have thought any 3.1.x document would help you get it configured.

When you say it's not coming up what do you mean? They don't get the challenge from Captive Portal? There is a common gotcha that is not always spotted: Tick the 'Enable User Identification' button in the Zone setting.

Tell us a little more, and we should be able to get this working Smiley Happy

Will

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

Hi Lee,

I would have thought any 3.1.x document would help you get it configured.

When you say it's not coming up what do you mean? They don't get the challenge from Captive Portal? There is a common gotcha that is not always spotted: Tick the 'Enable User Identification' button in the Zone setting.

Tell us a little more, and we should be able to get this working Smiley Happy

Will

Hi Will,

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to setup a test Ubuntu VM for this, and will get more information as to how I've set it up and configured it.

Lee

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!