How to sync Captive Portal Redirect Host in A/A - Setup ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to sync Captive Portal Redirect Host in A/A - Setup ?

L0 Member

Hi *,

I have problems to sync Captive Portal Settings in a Active/Active HA-Setup.

I configure the CP on the active primary host as follows :

Enable Captive Portal - checked

Server Certificate - cp-cert

Authenticaation Profile - company-radius

Redirect Host -  cp.mydomain.com

Client certificate Profile - none

Mode - Redirect

Session Cookie - enable

Roaming - enable

All other with default settings.

After the commit both units declare the config as synchonized. If I check the configuration on the secondary active unit the Captive Portal Settings are :

Enable Captive Portal - checked

Server Certificate - cp-cert

Authenticaation Profile - company-radius

Redirect Host -  None

Client certificate Profile - none

Mode - Redirect

Session Cookie - enable

Roaming - enable

The Result is that I need to configure the Redirect Host manually. After the commit on secondary active the redirect works fine but the configuration is out of sync.

I tried everything like sync vice versa, over cli and gui but alway the same result  - frustrating

Any Ideas  ?

Regards

Marcel

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Hi...Did you make the IP address for cp.mydomain.com a floating IP?  The floating IP will failover during an outage.  Thanks.

Yes - cp.mydomain.com is a floating IP.

The Goal is if the primary active device fails the redirect points to the functional unit. The move of the Floating IP works fine but the redirect -to cp.mydomain.com fails, because the redirect host in the configuration is not sync'd with the result that the browser points to http://(null):6082/.... and not to cp.mydomain.com:6082/...  

I would recommend opening a Support case on this.  Thanks.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!