how to unblock this sub-url?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

how to unblock this sub-url?

L4 Transporter

I have a URL filtering list with *.github.com in custom blocklist. but I want to allow one specific sub-url https://github.com/abc .

added the sub-url to the custome allow list but didn't work. I'm assuming because of the url filtering order of preference(i.e blockl list first).how can I get this working without creating another security policy?

thanks.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@Raido_Rattameister @Mick_Ball @OtakarKlier  Thank you for the responses. I had to put in a decryption rule that decrypts shareware and freeware category and then in another sec policy I have listed the custom url category with github.com/abc/* and set it to allow.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

I was not aware that the "block list" overides the "allow list".....

I just assumed that the allow should contain   *.github.com/abc/*

if not then maybe....

you could add a new custom object url category called Github with *.github.com as the site,

then you could set this to "block" in your url filtering profile and add the overide *.github.com/abc/*, you can then remove the custom block.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

There is a difference between *.github.com and github.com. *.github.com is for anything preceeding the .github.com doimain such as www., ftp, etc. To only allow the gitbub.com/abc site, just enter that URL into your allow list. Then use a predifened catagory to block github, ie shareware-and-freeware = Blocked

Hope that helps.

@OtakarKlier thanks for the info...

would gitbub.com/abc   allow access to gitbub.com/abc/def/  or would it need to be:-

gitbub.com/abc/* 

no, let me ask that again.....

does gitbub.com/abc    allow anything after the /abc or do i need the /* for this...

As step 1 you need to enable ssl decryption to start this working.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

@Raido_Rattameister @Mick_Ball @OtakarKlier  Thank you for the responses. I had to put in a decryption rule that decrypts shareware and freeware category and then in another sec policy I have listed the custom url category with github.com/abc/* and set it to allow.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!