Howto track a Public IP outside to failover in case of lose of connection ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Howto track a Public IP outside to failover in case of lose of connection ?

L0 Member

Hi,

I have a cluster of PaloAlto 3050, I want to monitor a Public IP (by example Google.com) and in case of the PaloAlto lose the connection I want to failover to the second PaloAlto.

I already monitor the Interface, but if the Interface is UP, but the after the Gateway the link is DOWN I lose the Internet Connectivity but I didn't failover to the second PaloAlto.

That the reason why I try to monitor and Public IP outside.

Can somone help me to do that please ?

Thank you

Chris

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

Hi Chris,

You can configure path monitoring by giving specific source and destination (Device -> High Availability -> Link and Path Monitoring ). Once the end destination becomes unavailable (public IP in this case), it will trigger a failover. HTH.

L0 Member

Hi Ssharma,

sorry I try but didn't work on my Palo, it's under "Path Group" on the Menu "Link and Path Monitoring" ?

Thank you for help

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!