SSL Decryption and Cisco Jabber client

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SSL Decryption and Cisco Jabber client

L2 Linker

We currently use Cisco Webex for desktop sharing, video conferencing and IM. Our environment has mostly people using the old Webex connect client and a few 'pilot' users of the Cisco Jabber client.

Recently we implemented SSL Decryption and everything in the webex environment worked fine for the Webex connect client but people using the jabber client cannot send or receive images over IM. I have started a case with Cisco on this, however, their documentation leads me to believe images used to be sent insecurely in the old client and securely in the new client.

I was wondering if there is anyone out there with experience with both Cisco Jabber and SSL Decryption who might be able to shed some insight into this issue?

TIA,

Ben

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

Hello Ben,

There are some applications that do not play nice when decryption is turned on, on the PA firewall.

Here is a document with a list of the applications we've already identified that should be excluded from decryption:

List of Applications Excluded from SSL Decryption

It is possible that Cisco Jabber is one of those applications that are not yet on the list, but you could open a ticket with us to investigate this further.

Regards,

tasonibare

I opened a ticket with Cisco on this one. Seems to me that if file transfer works and desktop sharing and chat all work, then image transfer should work and that would be on their end, hopefully. Maybe that functionality isn't using the windows certificate repository and that is the issue.

I will open a case with Palo Alto only if Cisco cannot hash this out.

So far Cisco's only real help has been clearing cache and trying newer versions of the client software. But they have escalated it to engineers, so maybe that is a good sign?

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!