I am trying to get my firewall on the network for the first time.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

I am trying to get my firewall on the network for the first time.

L1 Bithead

So far I cant ping the firewall from the network and I can't ping the gateway or any pcs from the firewall.  I have checked the arp table and I don't see any mac addresses there, so now I am starting to get concerned about the viability of this firewall.  However my experience with paloalto firewalls started with this device.  However my networking experience did not.  I am running on 6.01.  So obviously I would like to update the firewall so I can work with a more current version of PANOS.  Finding documentation for 6.01 has not been very fruitful.  

16 REPLIES 16

Yes @Alleria  that is a major road block.  Without licensing, there is very limited things that you can accomplish, short of just looking at the GUI.

What other questions/concerns can I address for you?

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

L1 Bithead

Thanks so much for replying I kinda figured that this was going to be a big issue.  I am waiting to here back from the guy that I bought it from to figure out what he wants to do.  He was offering me 60% back on the cost of the firewall but, now that I have this figured out I know that they need to work this out or give me my money back. 

• 16 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!