I am unable to view traffic in monitor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

I am unable to view traffic in monitor

L2 Linker

I notice today with our Palo Alto devices. I can no longer monitor traffic on the monitoring tab using either the Traffic or URL Filtering options. I’m getting an error that states “Invalid XML response from server”. Do you know of a quick way that I can resolve this issue.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hello Sir,

Are you using IE-9 to open the GUI of PAN firewall...? Could you please try with Chrome or Firefox and let us know the result.

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L7 Applicator

Hello Sir,

Are you using IE-9 to open the GUI of PAN firewall...? Could you please try with Chrome or Firefox and let us know the result.

Thanks

Hello Hulk,

So once the client tries with the other browser and is unsuccessful what would you recommend for the next steps?

Hello Sir,

I would recommend you to verify the management-plane resources utilization on that PAN firewall.

> show system resources follow

See management-server, log-receiver, device-server CPU and memory utilization.

> show logging-status

> debug log-receiver statistics

Sample output: Please apply the above mentioned CLI command multiple times and  verify if those counters are incrementing.

Logging statistics

------------------------------ -----------

Log written rate:              0/sec >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Corrupted packets:             0

Corrupted URL packets:         0

Logs discarded (queue full):   0 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Traffic logs written:          4  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

URL logs written:              0

Wildfire logs written:         0

Anti-virus logs written:       0

Spyware logs written:          0

Attack logs written:           0

Vulnerability logs written:    0

Fileext logs written:          0

URL cache age out count:       0

URL cache full count:          0

URL cache key exist count:     0

If you observe,"traffic log written" counter is incrementing but still unable to see logs from GUI, then follow below mentioned command.

> debug software restart log-receiver

> debug software restart device-server

> debug software restart management-server

It would not impact to the production traffic through this PAN firewall.

Hope this helps. If you have any further questions or inquiries, please update here.

Thanks

It was found to be a IE9 issue.

L2 Linker

found to be IE9 issue

Hello,

I resolved the problem enabling ActiveX on iE11. My scenario is a PAN-OS 8.1.1 updated. When I tried to access using firewall's IP address I didn't see any pop-up or alert in any place but using the FQDN, an blue forbidden icon appeared in navigation bar. In my case, the Group Policy Objects (GPO) disabled the ActiveX and that caused the message: "Invalid XML response from server".

I hope this is useful.

Regards.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!