in case of using mgmt port for HA1 how do i replace the mgmt port important functionalities?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

in case of using mgmt port for HA1 how do i replace the mgmt port important functionalities?

L2 Linker

i have a small new palo alto , i have read i should use mgmt port for HA1 with the second palo alto , but if i do so how can i make up for the mgmt port important functionalities like updates and dns if i use it for HA? im confused

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

You can use the management port for what its intended for and at the same time you could use it as HA1 link. There is nothing special you need to consider/configure to use it for these 2 functionalities

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

You can use the management port for what its intended for and at the same time you could use it as HA1 link. There is nothing special you need to consider/configure to use it for these 2 functionalities

i thought thew HA1 connection between two mgmt palo alto need to be dedicated , so from what you saying i can use the mgmt port for both HA functionality and for mgmt port roles"dns , updates etc" 

The recommendation is to use the dedicated HA1 port for HA1 (for deviced that have a dedicated HA1 port). For smaller firewalls a dedicated port is still recommended but depending on your port requirements the might be no dataplane port left for HA1.

In any case I always use the mgmt port also for HA1 - at least as HA1 backup.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!