In which vsys to place aggregate interfaces?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

In which vsys to place aggregate interfaces?

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I have multi-vsys system with multiple aggregate interfaces (L3). I am going to configure multiple VLANs on each aggregate interface and place them in different vsys. My question is where to place the aggregate interface itself. I was planning to leave it in admin vsys1, but is this supported design? 

Thank you.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi HAL9000,

Yeah, you can't do that via GUI (Please request a feature request).   I have not use Panorama to manage the network interface setting, since every firewall is not the same.

Best,

E

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hello,

We are running a similiar setup as you.  The AE1 interface is not assigned on any VSYS or VR at all.  Both are set to None.

Hope this helps,

E

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I was confused as there is not the option "none" in the GUI. But if I set the ae via CLI, it will show as "none" in the GUI. I hope this will survive import into the PANORAMA (ver. 7.1). Do you have any experience with that please?

Thank you again. 

Hi HAL9000,

Yeah, you can't do that via GUI (Please request a feature request).   I have not use Panorama to manage the network interface setting, since every firewall is not the same.

Best,

E

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!