Injecting a default route into OSPF

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Injecting a default route into OSPF

Not applicable

I have an OSPF virtual router configuration with two interfaces. One interface (int1)  is part of the default area (0.0.0.0) whereas the other  one (int2)  is not. There is a static default which points to the next hop on the non-OSPF interface network.

I want to announce or generate a default route into the OSPF area and have clicked the "Allow Redist Default Route" button. However the default does NOT get announced to the OSPF cloud. Do I have to create a Redistribution Profile as well to make this "standard" operation occur?

Russell

2 REPLIES 2

Retired Member
Not applicable

Likely the route is not getting announced because the OSPF peer likely does not have a route to your interface subnet that has the default route. I would expect that at least redistributing your connected routes would be required since the next hop is on a non-OSPF interface.

L4 Transporter

Quist,

For the PAN to advertise the default route, in the export rule, please add 0.0.0.0/0 and commit the config, this will advertise the default route to your OSPF peer routers. Below is the snapshot of how the config will look like. 

Hope this helps, do please let us know if this worked for you.

Thanks

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!