Internal Gateway not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Internal Gateway not working

L2 Linker

I'm trying to create an internal gateway to be able to capture User ID fully and start creating User ID based rules.  I created the dns records and put the gateway on a loopback interface on the firewall that is in the internal trusted zone.  I have done the cert work and confirmed that the name resolution is working.

When looking at the logs it says "Failed to ssl connect to 'ip address' .

When looking at the connection tab on the global protect client it is showing both the internal and external gateways but it's not showing authenticated on either.  When I connected to an external network the external gateway connects and authenticates so I believe at least the Portal is working.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Check the traffic logs and see if you are getting blocked somewhere.

Regards,

here are some hyperlinks to articles about internal gateway

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClH1CAK

This one is for mixing internal and external

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/8-0/globalprotect-admin/globalprotect-quick-configs/...

review both and see if they fill in the blanks with anything.

We are here to assist you.  Thanks.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!