IPSec VPN not working before phase 2 negotiation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

IPSec VPN not working before phase 2 negotiation

L2 Linker

Hello,

I made an VPN Tunnel between paloalto and fortigate(3 tunnels).

Every config is same between them. 2 of them work well but 1 tunnel has an issue.

About 3 mins before phase 2 negotiation(by lifetime or other reason), traffics can't go through the tunnel.

(I can see traffic logs that incomplete).

After negotiation and install sa, it works normally.

What should I look? There no error log or fail in ikemgr or system log.

7 REPLIES 7

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Check renegotiation time. Does it match with peer site?

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

Yes
I checked again and it’s same both ends

When traffic does not pass any more from one side to other then try to initiate traffic from other side back to your side. Does traffic flow then?

I think it will work
After phase 2 negotiation ends, it works
It worked when I disable/enabled tunnel.
Issue happens occasionally, 2 or 3 times a day, so I need to remove the cause..

I would check tunnel status at other side when it happens.

Thanks,

I want to check it but I don't manage that device...  So it's hard to check other side.

L3 Networker

Hi @yhlee1

I have the same issue with old and stable ipsec tunnel between PA3020 (8.1.1) and VM200 (8.0.10).

suddenly the tunnel is not working even when the connection looks fine and system logs show tunnel is up.

on source side I see traffic go to tunnel and aged-out, on destination side logs don't show the traffic.

when I change something on the tunnel config and revert the changes or disable/enable the tunnel it come back to normal.

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!