IPSec VPN Setup for Avaya Phone

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

IPSec VPN Setup for Avaya Phone

L4 Transporter

I am attempting to setup an IPSec VPN tunnel to connect to remote Avaya phones. I am not sure if I am doing it correctly. I've set up a new IPSec tunnel and configured it to use dynamic IP for remote peers. I am not sure if this is correct or not. It seems to me this would be for a site-to-site VPN. I believe I am looking for more of a client VPN tunnel to connect the Avaya phone to. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

16 REPLIES 16

L1 Bithead

Hi,

To setup VPN Tunnel for Avaya IP Phones, you just need to configure RemoteVPN (GlobalProtect) and need to enable x-auth, thats it. X-Auth is the feature which is must to connect the Avaya IP Phones (as it considered as 3rd party vpn client). You dont need to have GlobalProtect license as Avaya IP Phones Operating Systems dont fall in Mobile/Tablet devices. 

I just implemented in April 1st Week. I was migrating all Avaya IP Phones VPNs from Cisco ASA to PaloAlto firewalls and it worked without any issues.

I can say, YES we support VPN for Avaya IP Phones. We just need to enabled "x-auth" option. No additional configurations/setting required. Not even GlobalProtect License required for setting up VPN Tunnel for Avaya IP Phones. 

• 16 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!