Is it a way to preconfigure the global protect agent?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Is it a way to preconfigure the global protect agent?

L4 Transporter

I want to predifine the portal url and login user information with the setup of the global protect agent?

anyone did'it, if yes how?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

See:

"Assuming all notebook computers are in AD domain, you can deploy a registry key "Portal" under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Palo Alto Networks\GlobalProtect\PanSetup with your portal hostname in it."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

that's good question ...

I checked with Orca the .msi file but there isn't portal/gateway/user field in .msi - probalby you must request this as feature request.

Maybe it's possible to provide url and user as a parameter of .msi file - I don't know.

Regards

Slawek

L1 Bithead

I deployed mine using my KACE 1000 appliance and then also pushed out the registry keys from a device that had it installed and configured. The user still needed to log into the GlobalProtect client once to setup the connection using SSO but that was all that needed to be done from there.

L7 Applicator

See:

"Assuming all notebook computers are in AD domain, you can deploy a registry key "Portal" under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Palo Alto Networks\GlobalProtect\PanSetup with your portal hostname in it."

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!