Is it possible ! How to get internet from dhcp client with vlan

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible ! How to get internet from dhcp client with vlan

L1 Bithead

Hello Friends !

I am new to palo alto network ,i starting to understand and learn palo alto network firewall some time back .

I have setup a firewall panos 9.04 on ubuntu with kvm using bridge connection and  vlan  ( i want to setup a passthroguth but due to iommu group i am fail to do so)

my isp (with rj 45) is providing me dhcp address  with vlan i am able to get/reslove ip address .

my problem is how to setup snat or/and virtual route

7 REPLIES 7

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

if your interface is DHCP client, you can set up a SNAT rule bound to the interface without defining the IP

2021-04-20_13-50-21.png

the virtual router automatically learns the default route if you enable the interface to accept it

2021-04-20_13-52-26.png

Tom Piens
PANgurus - (co)managed services and consultancy

Thanks !

I did this part but i am not able to get internet in session browser  i can see lot of traffic with dns only .

Screenshot from 2021-04-20 16-09-56.pngScreenshot_2021-04-20 PA-VM(1).pngScreenshot_2021-04-20 PA-VM.png

@shrikant,

Take DNS out of the equation and try running a simple ICMP request to an IP that you know to accept ICMP traffic (9.9.9.9, 8.8.8.8, ect) and see if you get a response. You likely won't; your logs don't see a session_end_reason, but I imagine that the traffic is aging out. Verify that you have your routes setup correctly. 

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!