Is the e-directiry agent 3.1 able to authenticate communications with clients?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Is the e-directiry agent 3.1 able to authenticate communications with clients?

L3 Networker

Hello,

We are planning to use the XML API. And i noticed that it requires an ssl communications between clients and the agent. I want to know if the agent is able to authenticate communication with client. And if not, is there any plan to implement this functionnality in future releases.

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

There isn't currently any authentication within the API. However there is the ability within the agent to specify a list of hosts that are allowed to use the API. Entering the specific source IP addresses of hosts that will use the API will block any connections for other IP addresses.

Mike

Thank you for this answer. But it is important to us that this functionnality be present in future releases, can you tell me if there is a plan to implement it?

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!