Is there a similar service like IP SLA so the firewall can change default routes as a result of a certain condition

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Is there a similar service like IP SLA so the firewall can change default routes as a result of a certain condition

L0 Member

I was just curious...if I have 2 internet feeds but am not peering - I use ip/SLA to guanratee service.  If a ping to 4.2.2.2 fails, it drops the current default route and the other default route with the higher AD is the active default route.

Is there something similar to this in PAN-OS?

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

blaketraister

You are looking for PBF with monitoring.

Go through the following documents:

How to Configure ISP Redundancy and Load Balancing

Hope it helps!

L7 Applicator

L0 Member

Hi,

In PaloAlto there is no tracking protocol like IPSLA. However, you can configure default route for redundancy link with higher metric. If nexthop is not reachable or interface is down. The secondary route will take effect. Please find the below doc for the same.

Using Next Hop Versus Exit Interface for Default Route

If you network setup has redundant links to reach the next-hop, the best practice is to mention the next-hop along with the exit interface for the floating static routes to work efficiently.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!