Is there any way to filter on an address group?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Is there any way to filter on an address group?

L2 Linker

I did some simple things in the hope of being able to report more easily, such as defining RFC 1918 space, but I cannot find a way to filter on that. Is there a way to do so?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

I agree with you, if you need in filter variables already set often the custom saved filter are not enough. Ask to your SE, maybe there is a room for this feature in PAN future

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

Do you mean filtering in traffic log monitoring tab?

RFC 1918 space can be easily done with custom filter for example taking source address

(addr.src in 10.0.0.0/8 ) or (addr.src in 172.16.0.0/12 ) or (addr.src in 192.168.0.0/16 )

In custom reports filter works as above

L2 Linker

Yes, I did mean that and in custom reports which use the same filter structure.

Maybe RFC 1918 space is a bad example. We have a branch structure in our organization and we have branches ip addresses defined in the addresses and address groups, and those branches are also grouped  together with their own address groups. It would be VASTLY easier to write filters for these groups when they are often not contiguous IP space rather than these extremely long strings of filtering when it could be as simple as addr in <Group Name>.

This would be a great feature.

I agree with you, if you need in filter variables already set often the custom saved filter are not enough. Ask to your SE, maybe there is a room for this feature in PAN future

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!