Light blue vs dark blue IP's

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Light blue vs dark blue IP's

L4 Transporter

I have noticed that in the policies that some IP addresses show a dark blue and underline all the time and then there ar IP's that are a lighter blue and the underline only appears when I have my cursor over the IP. anyone else seeing this and is it significant?

12 REPLIES 12

L4 Transporter

Hi,

On my Panorama appliance (v7.0.12), all of my IP addresses all light blue and there is no underline unless I put the mouse cursor over them.

Which version are you using?

Benjamin

my PA 5050 OS is 7.0.11

@jdprovine Likewise I was running 7.0.11 on most equipment until this weekend where most units were updated to 7.0.13. Never saw what you were describing across any of the PA series. 

I am wondering if it had to do with rules that have IP's that are not being hit. I just went to 7.0.11, how do you like 7.0.13

@jdprovine Rules not being hit are kinda shadded yellow and poke dotted rules.PNG

It's been running stable on all systems deployed and it's been stable in the lab for awhile. I view the 7.0.* releases pretty stable to go to lab right away, wait about a week or so and then roll-out to everyone. They've proven pretty stable right out of the gate for a while now. 

Yes I see the same thing when I choose to highlight unused rules, but I am wondering it you can have a rule that is used, but not all the IP's are used on the rule

L7 Applicator

A screenshot would help if you could upload one.

Could one color be manually-typed IP addresses and the other color be address objects? Or maybe some have subnets and others are just raw IPs?

On my firewall I don't have any that are always underlined, but I'm also running 8.0.0 so it may be different as well. Could be differences in browser (plus any plugins you may have).

for safety this aren't the full IP addressesip.PNG

I've never actually seen that before. 

Awesome, the screenshot helps.

Notice that the underline bold items are full IPs, but the normal items contain subnets.

My browser doesn't make any distinction in the UI between them, but what's probably happening is that there's something in the browser that recognizes the link as an IP and is underlining/bolding it. I even tried to make a bunch of rules with different types of addresses but nothing makes mine look like your system. I'm still on 8.0.0, so that also may be a difference as well.

Try it in a couple other browsers, it's probably just something specific to that.

pretty interesting isn't it, hope someone knows what it means 🙂

I did try a couple other browsers before deciding to post with the same results 😉 but good suggestion

• 12 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!