link aggregation down

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

link aggregation down

L6 Presenter

Hi,

We configured link aggregation but although switch side ports become up, on PaloAlto they are down.

Any idea ?

show interface ae1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: ae1, ID: 48

Link status:

Runtime link speed/duplex/state: unknown/unknown/down

Configured link speed/duplex/state: auto/auto/auto

MAC address:

Port MAC address 00:1b:17:00:01:30

Aggregate group members: 2

ethernet1/21 ethernet1/22

Operation mode: layer3

Untagged sub-interface support: no

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: ae1, ID: 48

Operation mode: layer3

Interface management profile: N/A

Service configured:

Zone: N/A, virtual system: vsys2

Adjust TCP MSS: no

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

I see : Configured link speed/duplex/state: auto/auto/auto

With Zone not configured you should see Runtime link speed/duplex/state: [n/a]/[n/a]/up, if the interface was UP.

Ethernet 1/21 and  1/22 seem to be SFP ports

Check if  similar behavior is observed on Non_SFP ports as well to rule out SFP issues.

Verify SFP compatibility . Ref :

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

L7 Applicator

Hi,

Could you please let me know what speed/duplex/state settings configured on S/W.

Thanks

L5 Sessionator

I see : Configured link speed/duplex/state: auto/auto/auto

With Zone not configured you should see Runtime link speed/duplex/state: [n/a]/[n/a]/up, if the interface was UP.

Ethernet 1/21 and  1/22 seem to be SFP ports

Check if  similar behavior is observed on Non_SFP ports as well to rule out SFP issues.

Verify SFP compatibility . Ref :

ALL Auto selected / configured

Try to setup it manually on both sides (1000Mb/fullduplex).

In certain configuration it's helped me.

Regards

SLawek

Hi Panos,

Ensure that we use static aggregation instead of using aggregation protocols like PAGP, LACP or GLBP on the swithces. PANFW only supports static aggregation.

BR,

Karthik RP

L5 Sessionator

Can you please share how the Issue resolved?

Hi,

They changed SFP type that used on PA and it worked.There was a mismatch of SFP types with switch.Thank you all for help.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!