LogDB Import failing - anyone suggest why?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

LogDB Import failing - anyone suggest why?

L4 Transporter

Folks.

I'm about to upgrade my 2020's to 3050's (yay for new budgets!), and I'm trying to preserve the historical log data from my old firewalls by exporting and importing into the new ones.

I've managed the export - at least, I'm pretty sure I have - but when I try and import, I get the following error after a period of time.

./dailythsum/1/20130225/
./dailythsum/1/20130225/.intervals

Exited log import mode
2015-08-19 13:43:50.268 +1000 Error:  pan_slog_internal(pan_slog.c:132): modify failed: TIMEOUT
2015-08-19 13:43:50.269 +1000 Error:  main(pan_slog_app.c:137): Can't send message to mgmtsrvr

I have set the CLI timeout value to "never" before attempting to do the import. The new firewalls are on a temporary admin address while I get themr eady - I have already successfully exported the old config ad imported it into the new boxes, so I know that they're working and online OK.

The only difference is that the new boxes are running 6.0.10, and the old 5.0.16 - is this the likely cause of the error?

Can anyone shed any light on this is the software version difference is not the cause?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

L1 Bithead

Hi Darren,

I also got issue for this. May I know do you already found out the solution?

Thanks,
KK

hi KK.

I'm afraid this was so long ago I can't recall if I managed to solve it - but I have a very vague memory of just deciding to not bother with the old log import and start fresh.

I believe the most common cause I found after some discussion was the different software versions between the old and new, but that was never proven.

Sorry I can't offer more help.

• 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!