Microsoft Windows Auto Pilot and SSL decryption

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Microsoft Windows Auto Pilot and SSL decryption

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi Everyone,

Seems the Microsoft Windows Auto Pilot does not work when SSL decryption is enabled.

I tested see no drops on the global counters and nothing on PA PCaps.

When disabled SSL decryption it worked fine.

Any ideas?

Mike

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@MP18,

Depends on the application in question, but in general I've come across a lot of client cert services that don't indicate any errors that fail with decryption. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@MP18,

You'll likely need to exclude it from decryption as it likely uses client certs in the setup process that doesn't take kindly to interception. 

so does it mean that any application using client cert will not show any drops?

or only way to see any error is to do flow basic for ssl and others?

MP

@MP18,

Depends on the application in question, but in general I've come across a lot of client cert services that don't indicate any errors that fail with decryption. 

Many thanks for sharing the info

MP

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!