Migrating Palo Alto's

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Migrating Palo Alto's

L1 Bithead

Quick question regarding changing model of Palo Alto's. We're moving from a larger model to a smaller. Is there a guide I could use for this? From what I've gathered so far the two firewalls have to be on the same software version? is that the only pre-requisite? After that we can export config and import it on the new hardware? Much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@TSgtAllebone 

If you are moving from Single PA  large to small then yes software version has to be same as best practice.

I have done many migrations from small model to higher models with same PAN OS version.

Yes you can import the config to new PA.

Are these PA connected to Panorama?

That reduces the issues during the migration.

Regards

Mahesh

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

@MP18 

We have two 5220's (HA paired) moving to two 3250's and not using Panorama. Would versions that are close still work? ie 8.11 and 8.08 etc. I can understand possible issues if they are completely different versions (v8 and v9). Thank you. 

@TSgtAllebone 

It is better to have same version on both PA.

If for some reason you can not have same version then it should work as you mentioned below.

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!