Mirror traffic from tunnel interfaces to SPAN port

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Mirror traffic from tunnel interfaces to SPAN port

Not applicable

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the PA firewall's and trying to figure out how to monitor my tunnel interfaces, and the traffic flowing through them.

I have a PA-3020 running as an endpoint for several tunnels. I want to mirror the traffic from those tunnels when it hits the PA before it is routed and offload it to a specific interface port. I've done just this on a Cisco device, but it seems a bit more complex on the PA.

How can I go about setting this up.

Thanks, Eric

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

Hello Edevansky,

Could you please explain, how you did this on CISCO device. Accordingly, we can think about an approach here in PAN firewall to achieve the goal.

Thanks

L2 Linker

Hi Eric,

Are you talking about doing a port mirroring (SPAN) on the PAN firewall for IPSec tunnel interface?

As far as I know this function is not available at this moment, so you may need to file a feature request through your local SE.

L3 Networker

As mzh mentioned, this feature is not supported on the PAN at this time.

A feature request (ID 1307) has been filed for this functionality and you could request that your local SE vote on it as well.

Regards,

tasonibare

Hello,

So from reading this you can't mirror a port on a PAN to another port?

Hi Hndorf,

PANW do not support SPAN, at max you can do packet capture on the interface.

There is a open Feature Request for the same. Contact SE to vote for you.

Priority: Medium

FR ID: 1307

Regards,

Hardik Shah

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!