Monitor a PA-5060 (Memory, CPU) with Orion via SNMP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Monitor a PA-5060 (Memory, CPU) with Orion via SNMP

L3 Networker

Has anyone ever set this up?  My network engineers would like to monitor our devices with Orion which requires it be done via SNMP traps.  Can someone walk me through the process?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

Monitor memory and cpu by traps sounds odd.

Traps for those situations are used as alerts like "if more than 90% cpu during 1 minute, send trap to warn that something is odd".

But according to page 74 in admin guide you can setup to use snmp traps (same way as syslog) to get events from system, traffic or traffic logs.

Otherwise the alerting stuff can be setup in various places such as in:

Device > Setup > Operations

Device > Log Settings > Config

Device > Log Settings > System

Device > Log Settings > HIP Match

Device > Log Settings > Alarms

Device > Server Profiles -> SNMP Trap

and probably some other place I have missed.

Regarding using snmp to monitor memory and cpu usage over time check this thread or download the MIB files from

L1 Bithead

The KB has an article that summarizes what SNMP OIDs do what...   Useful SNMP OIDs for Monitoring Palo Alto Networks Devices

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!