More information about SSL Decryption and PAN-OS 10.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

More information about SSL Decryption and PAN-OS 10.0

L7 Applicator

Hey guys, 

I just wanted to let you know that I have just blogged about "What is SSL Decryption" and wanted to call your attention to it. 

Please read it here if you have not already seen it:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/blogs/what-is-ssl-decryption/ba-p/342598

But I wanted to create this thread about that blog if you wanted to sit and discuss any aspect of SSL Decryption. 

Thanks for being part of the LIVEcommunity.

Joe Delio

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!
2 REPLIES 2

L1 Bithead

Hello

which categories are most important to decrypt?

@Frazão 

Honestly.. All Categories Matter. 😃 

Due to the fact that 90% of Web Traffic nowadays is encrypted.. you will have to start to decrypt in order to SEE what is going on inside of the traffic. 

I would start with the most visited sites, and see what categories are used and then use that if you do not want to decrypt everything. Again, please ensure that you are not trying to decryp banking or health websites, as those should never be decrypted due to privacy.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!