NAT rule for IPSEC VPN using NAT-T

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

NAT rule for IPSEC VPN using NAT-T

L0 Member

I'm running PANOS 4.0.13 and I've enabled NAT-T via the command line.  I'm having trouble getting traffic to pass and I assume it must be my NAT policy.

1. I set a destination NAT as the vendor will be the initiator.  The NAT is defined like this:

srczone: Vendor-VPN

dstzone: Untrust  dstaddr: NAT IP (172.1.1.1.) dst translation addr: Real IP (10.1.1.1)

After writing this, perhaps the dstzone should be Trust, but I don't see that as the proper designation from the Doc's I'm reading.

2. I also tried making a Bi-Directional static Source NAT like so, but it doesn't appear to be working:

srczone: Trust  srcaddr: real IP (10.1.1.1)  src translation addr: nat IP (172.1.1.1.)

dstzone: Vendor-VPN

Please let me know your suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

what do you see in traffic logs related to VPN ?

That will give information where you make a mistake in NAT

L4 Transporter

For your destination NAT: Assuming 'Vendor-VPN' is the zone the tunnel terminates on,

NAT rule should be:

dstzone: Vendor-VPN  dstaddr: NAT IP (172.1.1.1.); dst translation addr: Real IP (10.1.1.1)

Security policy:

dstzone: Trust  dstaddr: NAT IP (172.1.1.1.)

Looks like the bi-directional static NAT should have worked as well, not sure why it didn't. You can trace the NAT IP/nat rules/security rules matching the traffic from the traffic logs.

Thanks,

Aditi

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!