Network Packet Broker

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Network Packet Broker

L6 Presenter

Can network packet broker feature (in PAN-OS 10.1) be used only to mirror some traffic and not expect any return traffic? Like port mirror on switch.

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

Hi @santonic 

As far as I understood, this is not possible. There is only the decrypt-port-mirror-feature on the firewall which allows you to forward decrypted traffic over a mirror port on the firewall.

Yeah, that is my understanding as well. But I am a bit surprised it's not possible as it would be the easier option to implement I guess. 

I guess as this feature is available also on the cheapest switches (implemented in hardware), the focus of paloalto wasn't on something like this.

L6 Presenter

Yeah, probably. But with all the PA features for writing policy rules (app-id, user-id, zones, rule based profiles...) the mirroring options here would be far superior to any switch. 

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!