No Email protection for SaaS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

No Email protection for SaaS

L1 Bithead

The closest way to protect a SaaS email soltuion I have found is Proofpoint which has a wildfire API hook option.

I am supprised there is no SaaS service for forwarding attechments or inline scanning of email directly from paloalto networks.

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Yeah, I guess that's a good point.

Question...What's Palo's answer to say Microsoft Office 365?

My company with a user populous of 25k+ was an on-prem exchange enviornment.  We've just completed an enterprise transition to Office 365.

We're cracking SSL on this traffic so we can see inside the payload, but this traffic is no longer MAPI/SMTP as the Outlook clients actually makes a SSL connection now to a web URL.

This seems like all those "cool" functions of wildfire WRT SMTP are now gone.

Does anyone have any thoughts / comments / expereince with capes that exist in this type of an environment?

This is exactly my point, Aperture support "Office 365" however only the sharepoint parts / onedrive. Which seems odd.

Microsoft offers a sandbox detonation feature in their advanced filtering package and there are third parties that act as a front end relay to provide filtering.

For wildfire to be most effective the payload needs to be inspected and flagged as early as possible then blocked everywhere as fast as possible.

Well @Tech101 no responses yet, but this just did come out:

https://www.brighttalk.com/webcast/10903/195427?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Adobe%20Campaign&utm_cam...

I'm sure you also saw the e-mail.  Hopefully it'll provide some good info.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!