No internet access after connecting to Gobal Protect in Mac

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

No internet access after connecting to Gobal Protect in Mac

L0 Member
Hello Friends, please anyone, can you help to solve the below issue. I am not able to connect the internet after connecting to GP, version 4.1.8 in Mac Mojave 10.14.3. In windows it works fine. regards, Liju
17 REPLIES 17

Unfortunately no. I see people mentioning it in many locations but no one posts the solution they find. I find that if I go to a DFS share via SMB, it'll trigger 10/10 times. If I go to just a normal file share via SMB, it'll only trigger about 3/10 times...

Same with me , changing the DNS did not work neither ....I don't know if anyone from PaloAlto can jump in ?

I can even add that it doesn't happen on a full tunnel VPN, only split-tunnel VPN and I have replaced our firewalls since we started having the problem (had a 3020, went with 850). GP version doesn't matter, I've used dozen's of different versions since this came out, and I've even disabled IPv6 as I found on a forum and didn't have any luck. 

I'm sure there are other things I'll remember and post here. I'm really interested in a solution, but not had time to call Palo and spend hours and hours on the phone when it only affects Macs (and we only have 6 mac's, and I'm the only one that access SMB shares).

• 17 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!